I've been reading a lot of books lately that have been made into movies. I like books where I can watch the movie and see someone else's vision.
I've read all the Harry Potter, all but the last Twilight, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo & Girl who Played with Fire. I read The Help last week. Now I am reading Water for Elephants.
So I am wondering, when a book comes into your life that has been made into a movie do you read first then watch the movie? Or movie first and then read the book?
I always read the book first, and then, even when the movie is good, I still critique it.
I guess that's to be expected.
But I always end up just a little disappointed in the movie. I watch it and wish there was more. Wish they could have developed the characters better, or shared more of the story.
I feel for the people who don't read the book, I wish for them to read the book so they can be a part of the whole story.
When I read a book I form a bond with the characters, They become a part of my life. I feel like I am there with them.
When you see someone else's vision of the story that was a part of your for however short or long the time you were reading it, the way they see the story is sure to be different from your vision.
When you see someone else's vision of the story that was a part of your for however short or long the time you were reading it, the way they see the story is sure to be different from your vision.
Or maybe I just take things too seriously, or read too passionately.
I love reading. I love diving into something and letting it completely consume me.
So do I finish the book then watch the movie, or watch the movie then finish the book?
Book first...always!!!
ReplyDeleteam a book first person too! but i have on occasion done the opposite -- but never by choice!
ReplyDelete