A few weeks ago someone wrote about things they don't blog about, I don't remember who, I really should save things like that so I can give credit where credit is due.
But I suck.
I think every blogger has things they dont blog about. Be it for privacy reasons, or because some subjects are very touchy, we all have them.
These are the things I don't write about, some of my reasons are silly, but it's just how I am.
I am slightly paranoid since moving back to the states about having my house broken into. I am not sure why, but I'd rather people not know that I will not be home. For this same reason, you'll rarely find me talk on facebook about leaving for work, or going to the store.
I don't really talk about my work, specifically.
You never know who is reading your blog, and I don't want to get fired, or reprimanded, or even make enemies because I am talking shit about work. I will also rarely talk about my husbands work in specifics.
I don't gossip about family issues.
Again for the reasons above, I would hate to say "my (relative) is a (adjective) (noun)" and then have it get back to said relative.
I don't talk about politics, or my personal political views.
Everyone is entitled to any opinion. And I have mine, but on the same hand I don't know that I am educated enough of any political subject to defend my views intelligently, so I just don't. I actually don't talk about this with anyone, not even my husband.
I also try to not make posts without pictures, because I think those are boring.
So here is a picture for you.
It's my dogs trying to eat each others faces while they were supposed to be sleeping in my lap.
- Alana
I don't talk about any of that either, and I think it's smart not to. Good choice :)
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on all of those points. Smart!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely! Some of those things are not for strangers' or even friends' eyes! They are personal! That's called airing dirty laundry!
ReplyDeleteI can totally understand not posting about leaving the house. I have no worries about posting that stuff from over here. I also don't worry about doing blog swaps and giving people my address. Not like they can track me down from a PSC box, right?
ReplyDelete