Google+ Fractured Fairy Tales: The Battery Kid
Image Map

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Battery Kid

Sometimes I think twice about posting things. Do I really want to share that with the world? Yeah, I'm an open book here and if one person can learn from my fail, I may as well share. Even parenting Fails (Example A)

We just can't catch a break in this house. Teething, super fussy, no sleep, and now a weird rash. Poor peanut. At least it doesn't seem to be bothering her, and she doesn't have a fever.
Baby Roseola 
So without further delay, our most recent parenting fail-


Weekends I get to sleep in, Well a few weeks ago Evelyn had gotten up with Paul at about 9. At some point while he was in the bathroom she climbed onto a table and he found her with a battery, a AA battery. When he told me about it an hour or so later I mentioned that there had been two batteries there because I had just taken them out of something. We frantically searched the house and could not find the other battery. So off to the ER. The nurse came out to get us from triage and asked "is this the battery kid?" ... yep, we have the battery kid. We told our story half a dozen times, and yes we are missing a AA battery, I know how unlikely it is that she would be fine, and not have choked if she did try to swallow a AA battery, but we  could not find it, don't want to risk it. After a quick x-ray we still had no battery. But at least we knew it was not inside her.
I did end up finding the battery several hours later under some toys. So at least we don't have to worry about that anymore.
All of this after a week of her getting molars and getting a mysterious rash, that was later discovered to be Roseola. 

1 comment:

  1. It happens! We accidentally locked our child and 2 dogs in our running vehicle. The whole ordeal was over in less than 10 minutes but was nerve racking and made me feel like the worst parent ever.

    http://growingpainsbykellydavis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails