Today I am thankful that Taco and I are okay.
If you follow me on facebook you already may know this, But Tuesday afternoon I got in a car wreck. I was leaving the vet, after getting Taco his shots and had him in the car with me. She was leaving Taco-Smell across the street. North Montana Ave is a 4 lane undivided highway. 2 lanes north and 2 south with a double yellow in the middle. We were both clear to make our left turns, I was turning North and she was turning south. We met in the middle with a loud crash. I saw her a second before it happened and I braced myself and the cat kennel in the passenger seat. She didn't look forward until after the impact.
I hit my face on something, I am not sure what. I have some bruising on my cheek and eyebrow, and a mild concussion.
My jeep is pretty fucked. We think the shock or strut (whatever it's called) is broken free from whatever it attaches too. and it is completely un-drivable.
I am waiting to hear from the insurance adjuster, but we are thinking (well hoping) besides the shock and possibly the control arm its mostly cosmetic.
I miss my jeep. I am driving Paul's jeep right now until we figure out the rental car thing. I am just really sad because I love my car so much and I want it back. It's brand new, less than a year old.
):
One of the worst parts about this whole thing was that Paul was in Great Falls, about 2 hours away. And we still don't really know anyone in town. So I had no one to call, no way to get home with the cat. Paul's jeep was at his office but I didn't have keys to it with me.
I ended up calling work and after I broke down in tears my boss came to the rescue. She picked me up and took me home. I can't say how much I appreciate the fact that I work for awesome people.
(her car)
Neither of us were sited for the accident, we were both equally at fault. But I think she was a little more at fault because I'm pretty sure she was eating her Taco-Smell while she was driving.

that sucks so bad! I'm glad you're ok!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness girl! I'm so glad you AND Taco are ok! I can imagine how devastating that would be. I would be so upset if something happened to my Jeep!! I really hope you get good news on the car. One of my worst fears is wrecking with my furbabies in the car. So many things to be thankful for!! Thanks for linking them with me :)
ReplyDelete