Google+ Fractured Fairy Tales: Random thoughts from college student.
Image Map

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Random thoughts from college student.




Taking two history classes isn't a big deal. Taking two history classes, which are both set in different formats (two schools, two different online programs) can get a little confusing. Especially when the assignments start to mirror each other. This last two weeks both classes have been focusing on sources. Where you find your history, and I keep mixing up the assignments. Or forgetting which class I am currently working on. The classes are totally different too, one is World history and the other is Historical Methods, so learning how to be a historian and analyze the information history gives you. The historical methods class is reaallllyy boring. It's also a condensed 8 week course, so it's roughly double time. Twice the boring work in half the time. Lots of boring articles to read.

One class the teacher does not want discussion submissions to contain attachments, in the other class the teacher encourages them. One class One teacher wants sources done in one way, and another teacher wants them another way, and the methods teacher says that all history papers (ever) should be sourced her way (and I remember another history teacher telling us this too, so she is right, I think). One class wants submissions on discussions and assignments all turned in my Sunday night (the end of the "online class week") the other wants initial discussions in by Saturday and further discussion with other students until Tuesday. I know I am going to drop the ball on a deadline and have no one to blame but myself. 



On top of all this silliness I am trying to keep up in Japanese, and doing quite well I must say. And trying to maintain a household and happy child. Who is causing me to be a little extra sleep deprived this week, Mini Me has taken to waking up about 3-4 AM and trying to stay awake, and it takes quite a bit of work to get her back to sleep only to have her wake up at 7am totally wide awake and ready to conquer the world. And I have been up studying past 1am every night this week.I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment, that's why the blog is particularly sparse. I'm still here, holding on.


Google image search overwhelmed, this guy doesn't look as overwhelmed. as he looks like he just found nude pics of someone he didn't want to see nude. 

1 comment:

  1. That really does sound confusing! You're a rockstar for doing all that you do, it can't be easy.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails