If you have an HE- FL Washing Machine, this is the last thing you EVER want to see:
It's filled with suds, FILLED.
Suds are evil in a High Efficiency washer. EVIL.
So, I just suck. I usually make my own detergent for diapers, but with our upcoming move I didn't want to buy all the stuff to make more, just to have leftovers that we would have to move. So I decided to buy. First I bought Tide Free & Clear (powder). Totally not HE safe, didn't find that until after I opened it. A couple days later I bought Gain, because that's also supposed to be cloth diaper safe. But I bought the one that is not HE safe, and that resulted in the image above.
After running 6 rinse and spin cycles I was ready to start over, I used the last of my home made detergent and had clean diapers again.
I brought Paul with me tonight when I bought more detergent, to be sure I didn't screw it up AGAIN. We'll see if my diapers survive another wash.
Also if you do this, and end up with super sudsy water, you can add vinegar. I didn't find that suggestion until after 4th rinse, and by then I was nearly rinsed suds free.
Follow me on instagram to see more

No comments:
Post a Comment