Google+ Fractured Fairy Tales: Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Image Map

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


I love banana bread. I can easily eat the whole loaf in one day. Just banana bread, no butter, no anything else, just the bread. Yummm. 



Just a side note:
You know what's sad, those bananas, in the photo above, aren't the ones I used, they aren't over ripe. I collect mine in the freezer and I didn't have any "fresh-over-ripe" bananas when I made this, so my bananas are really ugly. Not photogenic at all. I used yellow ones in the picture because I was embarrassed at how ugly my bananas are.

seriously over ripe-previously frozen bananas

3-4 over ripe bananas
1 stick (1/2 cup) of room temp butter
2 room temp eggs
2 cups of flour
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp vanilla 
1/4 tsp cinnamon 
As many chocolate chips as you desire, I used about half a bag. 
(optional: a handful of white sugar for topping)

Preheat oven to 350*
Mix/mash your bananas and eggs together, add the butter and mix well. Next add brown sugar and vanilla. 
In a separate bowl combine  your dry ingredients, flour baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet, like a 1/2 cup at a time. You can just add all the dry but you risk getting flour all over your kitchen. 
Finally add your chocolate chips and put in a greased loaf pan.
Optional: sprinkle the top with white sugar to get a nice sugary crispy top.
Bake for about an hour (I am at high elevation so my cooking time is more than an hour, close to an hour and a half)
It's done once a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 
sprinkled with sugar,
see the bananas I didn't really use
delicious yummyness 

and done!
on my cute little Japanese animal plate.


3 comments:

  1. I made two loaves of this recipe last night. The first I added the chocolate chips, the second I left them out. I used a whole mashed banana in each instead of just 3/4 cause I didn't want to waste it. The only thing I wasn't sure of is if the brown sugar was supposed to be a packed 3/4 or more loose. I packed it cause I figured being a little sweet was better than not. The first loaf was overcooked at 60 minutes so the second one stayed in the oven for about 50-55 minutes. I am taking these to the museum tomorrow so I will let you know what they think! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Museum people loved this recipe! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Museum people loved this bread! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails