I've been doing a lot of hiking/walking lately. I live really close to a very nice trail that runs down the very steep hill I live atop. I think the elevation change is around 200 feet and down and back it's about 4 miles.
The great thing, besides the awesome view, it's paved, so I can bring the baby and jogger, which is totally awesome.
There are several great turn around spots on the trail, depending on how much time I have, or if I have a mileage goal, or if I want to do the really really steep part.
The last time we went out (Saturday) we were just getting into some really icky weather, that is still here, and we ended up getting sleet/rained on almost the whole way back. It was a total bummer. But I did get to break in my new pretty shoes!
My goal is to get out two times a week and do at least a small (2-3 mile) hike, and once a week go all the way to the bottom and do 4+ miles. I can even go beyond the bottom of the hill and get more mileage if the weather is nice.
I wish we had hills so I could train a bit. Florida is so flat...and I know when we do move, I'll be hurting at our next place ;) I'm jealous of your rain cover on the stroller, too!
ReplyDelete