Google+ Fractured Fairy Tales: Another reason to hate winter
Image Map

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Another reason to hate winter

And to just hate Montana for that matter.

Tuesday I slipped in the ice and fell down the front stairs. But it gets worse. I had Evey with me, in her carseat, and I dropped her. The carseat tumbled down two stairs and into the snow.


It was horrifying. Watching her, strapped in her seat, fall out of my arms. She didn't cry right away, I flipped the seat upright and she looked at me and I think at this point she started to panic and started wailing, then I started crying. The first thing I did was call the doctor, the nurse I spoke to was so nice and understanding, she said that carseats are made to absorb impact and that as long as she didn't go head over heels down a whole flight of stairs then she will be okay. And she is, she more slid like a sled then tipped over when she hit the snow. She stopped crying and was back to smiles pretty quickly. The nurse said she is young and wont remember. I wish I could say the same for me. I wish I could forget, and I still feel horrible. 

I was sort of hesitant to post this, but I want other new moms to know that shit happens. Not everyone drops the baby, but even the most careful moms can have accidents. I know I'm not the first mom to drop her baby, and I am just thankful that it happened with her in her carseat and not on our concrete floors inside the house. 

incase you are wondering I am okay too, I landed pretty hard and my shoulders are really sore, but I'll survive.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm glad your both okay! And yes all moms have accidents, even though we try to be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! How scary. I worried about this a lot when we lived in Alaska and we were on TTC there. I used to fall a lot (clumsy!), but usually it was the dogs tripping me up or dragging me off on the ice/snow. I'm glad you're both okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No!
    Glad to hear that you both are ok. Thank goodness she was in her seat!
    I absolutely hate winter's that include snow and ice. Particularly because I am one of those people who manages to slip on the ice regardless how careful I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are both ok! It's super scary though! I fell down the whole flight of stairs in my house once, while holding Little Man. He was under a year, but I don't recall how old he was. Scared the crap outta me though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh hunny so scary but glad you are both okay! i fell down the front steps holding skylar last winter and she never flinched. i on the otherhand had a bruise for a month!
    all moms do something like this... anyone who says otherwise is fibbing!
    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww you poor thing! Definitely more traumatic for you than her!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails