Google+ Fractured Fairy Tales: CoCo Ichibanya!

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

CoCo Ichibanya!

Before we even arrived in California, I had plans to head to Irvine, CA to go to two awesome places. The first I'll tell you about is CoCo Ichibanya. 


This is a curry joint that we frequented while in Okinawa. I am not sure what the draw of CoCo's is, we used to joke that they put addictive drugs in the curry. A lot of people don't really like it, or at least don't love it the first time, but you find yourself craving it later, and like that you are hooked. While we lived on Okinawa it was usually hangover food, or "i really don't feel like cooking and I want something spicy we can pickup and bring home" 

I think I am the only person who doesn't like these things, pickled radish or something



Cuttlefish Curry
(It's actually squid in the states, but we called it cuttlefish in Japan)

Yummy! 
she loved it so much I couldn't get her to hold still


If you are in the area of Irvine, California, or around the LA area, you should step in for a bite! 



1 comment:

  1. Didn't it make you feel like you were in Oki again? They spoke Japanese, had the buzzers at the table, it was totally the same!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails